I am embarking on a Farmers Wife Quilt !!!! There are 111 blocks in the quilt - 145 if you want it king size.
I have started off with quite a bit of preperation - I have made some design boards following the fantastic tutorial on this site and using foam board, backing and fabric
http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/mini-design-board-tutorial.html
I have then prepared some of my fabric by cutting pieces 8 x 10 from my stash
The main background fabric I have cut into varying widths for using with the templates - 2.5 inch 3 inch etc etc
I haven't gor the sashing/binding fabric yet so will cut that later
These are my design boards all ready for action - I made 10 and plan to cut 9 blocks at a time and keep one empty for a "lid" so that I can carry them back and forth without any pieces blowing off
Design Boards
Your design boards look great Hilda and I'm sure they will be helpful when making all those blocks
ReplyDeleteJackie x