I started with a wooden chest that I bought a while ago.
I like the way it turned out although I wasn't sure when I started which way it
would go
I covered the box twice with crumpled tissue using Mod Podge after taking off the handles and clasp
This is a close up of the texture it created
I let it dry overnight and then added colour with Distress Sprays Tea Dye and Rusty Hinge
I used the Old Jalopy Die, grungeboard and my Vagabond for the main image. I inked with Distress inks Black Soot and Forest Moss, the small parts were coloured with Rusty Hinge Distress Pen I cut some photo's from my stash and added them behind the windows. I finished off the car with Brads for the wheel trims I added the car to the top with silicone
I put Texture Paste through Stencil on spare card stock and when dry coloured with the same colour sprays. This was then added to the corners
I added some pieces from Tim's Ephemera pack and some remnant Rubs
I die cut the Adventure Thinlets and then mounted them on to contrasting paper before adding them
I put the fastener and handles back on and added a Type Charm with a piece of old tape measure
I am entering this piece in the following Challenges
Vintage Journey - Destination using Tim Holtz Techniques/products
Country View Challenge - On your travels
Fantastic transformation Hilda! Thanks for the explanation. xx
ReplyDeletecool make and great tutorial - thankyou x
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing make over, I love all the texture
ReplyDeleteJackie x
Beautiful trunk Hilda, love all the various bits and bobs! xx
ReplyDeleteWonderful - its so vintage and grungy and lovely! Cx
ReplyDeletewhat a great remake of a plain trunk! The texture with the tissue is wonderful and I love Tim's car front and center! thank you for joining us in the AVJ Destination challenge! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Challenges,this is gorgeous.xxx
ReplyDeleteA magnificent alteration! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x
ReplyDeleteI love your little travel trunk - what a gorgeous rusty glow, and I love the use of the word thinlits. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
ReplyDeleteAlison xx