Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Monday, 28 November 2011

Journal page - Take a word Blue













I completed this page yesterday I used gesso and acrylics put on with credit card for my background - I added texture by scraping into the paint with the end of my brush, I added some stencilling and some cup marks then added my image which I had cut out of paper - I added details to the image and shadowed her with charcoal before adding the wings which I had cut from the page of an old French book that Shairon kindly sent me. I added my words using Tim Holt spone stamps and Stazon. I highlighted the words with a Posca pen. I am adding this page to the "Take a Word" challenge which, this week, has the word "Blue"

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation you have made. Nice details and techniques.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the girl, great page. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab page Hilda and I love the girl

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always admire the techniques you use for making journal pages and read them with a lot of interest.
    It differs much from what I make (digital only) but it's every time a feast for my eyes to see these pages !!
    Great Job !!!

    Rian from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created amazing journal pages and this is no exception, I feel you really are feeling 'blue' because of the words and after reading of your husband's illness. My thoughts are with you, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page Hilda, and so poignant! Love the girl and how clever to make the wings out of that old French page. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mixed media! Great entry for the blue challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is one brilliant journal page,just love it,hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful interpretation on blue, Hilda, and it is so nice to read how you made it. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete