I started with an empty Soap Powder box and added some scraps of different papers - book pages, music, etc etc
I added my first coat of colour using Tim Holtz Distress Spray - I then added some texture paste through a stencil and some white Gesso here and there.
When dry I Antique Bronze Distress Stain
I then got out my "Junk/treasures" box
I chose some pieces and Die Cut some more pieces out of saved painted/stamped leftovers
I added some of the pieces along with some Ideology pieces. I inked some ribbon to make the bow and added some seed beads for the butterfly body
I made a closure using two hitch fasteners and some thin elastic
I added some circles using a spare top and Black Gesso
Here are some closer views
I really like the way it turned out and plan on keeping ribbons in it
This is my entry for the following great challenges
Country View Crafts Challenges who are celebrating their 2 year Blogaversary - Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner - Junk in the Trunk
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
Lessology - Ribbon Fantasy
Total delight!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your textured mixed media box, beautiful colors!
ReplyDeleteI love this Hilda
ReplyDeleteHugs Jackie x
Oh wow. Beautiful textures and love the bold colours!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at LESSology!
Wow, what a soft, feminine and gorgeous project. So glad that you decided to enter it into the Junk in Your Trunk Challenge at Our Creative Corner. What a pretty inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen an altered soap box before. What a fabulous idea....LOOOOVE the colours you've used....thanks as always, for joining us at LESSology:):)
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us this month at CVC.
Smiles:)
Sue
I love this,love the colour and texture,plus the elements you have used...a fab entry for our challenge over at RCS...x
ReplyDeleteWow this is sooooo coooool.... What a fantastic idea, and I love the colours and textures. Thank you for playing with our challenge at LESSology :)
ReplyDelete