Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Sunday, 8 March 2015

Happy Birthday AVJ

A Vintage Journey is celebrating their first birthday with lots going on - the challenge is now changing to a monthly one - the first Friday of the month - so more time to gather your supplies and make your project - the theme for this challenge is "Tim Style" just the same as the very first challenge. There are some wonderful prizes on offer including items from Tim and Mario - a £20 voucher from Country View Crafts donations from Susan Anne, Chris and of course Brenda- pop over to the site and take a look - the projects are sure to inspire you to give it a go - all you have to do is use Tim Holtz products or Techniques and link your piece to your blog

For this special challenge I have used one of Tims Alteration Clocks

 
This is how it finished

And this is how I did it
I took the back off and glass out and then covered it with 2 coats of gesso - dried and then added some texture paste here and there before adding Distress Spray Peacock Feathers

 
And then adding Distress Spray Mustard Seed
 
I love the way the colours have blended and mixed to make a gorgeous green colour - the texture shows up well too
 
I then worked on the back of the clock - I measured and cut a circle from a TH Paper Stack, distressed it with my tool and inked with Old Paper Distress Ink
 
I then added a Die Cut Clock Face and a Cog which I had inked with the same colours as the case


 
I fussy cut the photo from the Found Relative pack, coloured her dress with Distress Markers and added a ribbon too her hair
 
I added some moss and a couple of small flowers out of my stash. Finished off the back with 2 Big Chat words which had been inked
 
At this stage a forgot to take photos' I was so eager to carry on :)
 
I put the clock back together and then worked on the outside
 
I had just received one of the new Thinlets Dies from Country View Crafts so just had to use that - I cut it from patterned paper then added Distress Spray to it
 
 
 
I die cut a butterfly in cardboard and patterned paper - inked them the glued them to the bell and added some Perfect Pearls for the body
 
I Die cut a Flower and inked and added that - finished off with some ribbon and charms
 
I absolutely love how it turned out and hope that A Vintage Journey has as good a year as last year


 
Another view of the corner 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! The colours you have used in your clock are stunning - I love Peacock Feathers and the paint marries so well with the Mustard Seed Spray. I love how you used the new thinlet too. Thanks so much for joining us for our birthday challenge at a Vintage Journey and thank you also for your visit to my blog. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation and alteration! The colours are amazing, all working so well together. Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Hilda, what a brilliant alteration
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovelyr project Hilda! The colors and beautiful - especially for the hoped for coming of Spring soon!! Wonderful decorating with florals and the found relative! thank you so much for joining us in the AVJ Birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty design Hilda. Love the spring colour mix, it suits your little girl beautiful and what a great idea using the cog to infill the centre of your weathered clock. Thanks for joining in the challenge at A Vintage Journey and good luck.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely charming - the springtime colours are so pretty, and I love how you layered the clock and the gear to create your background. Fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely you could join the birthday celebrations at AVJ with this amazing clock Hilda.
    Thanks for hopping aboard and sharing the celebrations.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete