Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Thursday, 12 March 2015

Layered Butterfly

Another piece that I am really pleased with the outcome
 
I started with a shaped wooden board and drilled holes in the top
 
I then covered it with 2 coats of Gesso and added some texture paste - some through the Tim Holtz Wild Flower layering stencil and some just here and there
 
I sorted out some junk from my box and added to the board with thick texture paste
 
 
 
 
I then gave the whole piece 2 coats of Gesso
 


I started then with the Tim Holtz Distress spray I chose to use mowed Lawn and gave it 2 coats drying in between I then highlighted the flowers and some of the configuration with Gilding Wax
 

 
I then Die cut and embossed 2 butterflies using the Tim Holtz Layered Butterfly die and embossing folder - I did one in cream and one in black
 
I inked the cream butterfly using Distress Inks - Old Paper, Vintage Photo and Rusty Hinge using an ink blending  tool - I dried with my heat gun then added a little Salty Ocean Distress Ink to the raised areas. I again dried with heat gun and then added some embossing ink to the raised areas and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
 
I layered both butterflies together and added a pen nib which I had inked with Honeycomb Alcohol Ink
 
 
 
Hope you like it
 
This is my entry for the following challenges
 
A Vintage Journey - my second entry for the Tim Style birthday challenge
 
Mixed Media World - Anything Goes
 
Country View Crafts - Anything Goes
 
Our Creative Corner - Junk in the Trunk - 2nd entry
 
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Anything goes

 
 

13 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Wonderful hanging! You've done such a fab job with the trinkets and stencil.. It all looks awesome! I just love that butterfly! Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge at Mixed Media World! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one is so wonderful with the themes, textures & colors for the materials usedl. That butterfly is just amazing. Since I'm a button collector from long ago, I'm really drawn to the one with the buttons, but each one is just a work of art. How great that these can be hung & displayed for everyone to enjoy. Love 'em! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Hilda, so many stages! I love the pen nib on the butterfly too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Hilda so many layers and textures
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Hilda, love the Spring greens, the textures and wonderful butterfly.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs Brenda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous - love the vivid spring colours and great use of that wonderful flower stencil. Love all that amazing embellishing! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful hanging! Love the textures and the bright colors and yes, that butterfly is a stunner there.Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous texture and colours - and so you should be well pleased with it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedds Creative Spirit this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is inasanely cute - loved all the odds and ends junky extravagance in the corner there. Thanks for entering it into the Junk in your Trunk challenge at Our Creative Corner. They are going to inspire loads of spin-offs I am sure. - Candice (aka Tincan Crafter)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning - you did such an amazing job and I love how you used all the so called junk pieces from your drawer. Fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media World. We hope you will join in our next challenge.

    Hugs and smiles
    Laine K
    DT Mixed Media World

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely wall hanging Hilda! love all the 'stuff' in the corner - all texture pasted and then uniformly colored - the butterly looks great with it's green and black layers and the pen nib body - I bet this looks wonderful on your wall! Thanks for joining us (again) in the AVJ Everything Tim challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fabulous offering to celebrate the Vintage Journey birthday. Love the background texture from that lovely flower stencil, and the embellishments look gorgeous under all those inky painty layers. Thanks so much for joining us again on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete