Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Sunday, 4 October 2009

Altered Writing Slope/Mixed media Monday



This is what I bought from the charity shop. I like it as it is but didn't really have a use for it.



I took the doors off stripped it, sanded it, got Graeme to cut the doors and make partitions then I covered it with gesso.



I used my papers that I'd bought in Italy and have been stroking for about 4 years !!! I also used acyrlics, rubb n buff and lots of varnish. I love it !!!



Finished and filled - and so useful now !!!!

Mixed Media Monday this week has the theme "Maps" so I've entered this piece for their challenge

26 comments:

  1. Gosh Hilda, how brave of you to alter this lovely writing slope, but you have made a fantastic job of it! Love the paper. Must look for it when I go to Italy in a couple of weeks. Well done too to Graeme for so cleverly making the partitions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hilda this is fantastic. You always come up with some great ideas.
    Wish I had half your ability, where do you get your inspiration from?

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh love it Hilda, brilliant work and very useful too
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hild it is brilliant why dont I ever find things likr that in my charity shops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cor this is special great storage, wonderful find fabulous conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so fab, and I don't know what it is about pictures of organised stash, but I get an OVERWHELMING urge to get in there and rummage :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Hilda, what an amazing transformation!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW gorgeous!!

    Useful too
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been lucky enough to see this in the flesh and WOW it's stunning,one of those things you just HAVE to keep touching,well done Hilda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Hilda it's fab, lovely papers and what a brilliant use you've found for it - fantastic xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful transformation!! love what you've done to it!! Great result!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great piece that is, you've turned it into something very useful !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful altered piece and the map paper is fantastic- very creative work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really REALLY Like This....what a fab find.

    Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This a a great piece, both beautiful and serviceable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful piece - and so functional as well! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! this is stunninng Hilda xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG Hilda how totally awsome is this piece.. i too liked the look of it b4 but after.. well words fail me its that fab!
    Hugs Minxy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is beautiful and useful too. I love it. Now you will be able to see your beautiful papers everyday! (and still stroke them!!)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, this is sooo gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is amazing!!! Love what you did with this!

    ReplyDelete