
This was a very cheap and very plain photo frame I got from Ikea. I added my words with grungeboard letters - covered it with foil tape and used my Ten Second Studio tools to emboss it. I then used my wheel tool to add a bit of pattern. I covered it all in black gesso and let it dry off for about ten minutes before wiping most of it off with kitchen roll. I finished off by buffing it up with a soft duster.
This is my piece for the Tuesday Taggers challenge
Wow your a right clever clogs Hilda thats brilliant!
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
Hi Hilda, so simple yet so effective. Ikea is a mecca for altered artist, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteThankyou for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week.
Bee xx
Fabulous alteration Hilda love how you allowed it to get really dark and then brought the shine back out. Very special frame someone will love it. Thank you for altering with us at TT this week, hugs xx Zoe.
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous Hilda, I love the vintage metal look, I just haven't managed to achieve it myself yet :P
ReplyDeleteA fabulous work of art Hilda, amazing techniques. Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at TT with such a wonderful alteration.
ReplyDeletex Michelle
Beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week!
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely brilliant - I must have a go. You make it sound easy, but I bet it isn't
ReplyDelete