
And this is how it finished

The corners look like this

And for those that are curious - this is what I've got inside


I sanded down my box - then gessoed it. I then coated it twice with black acrylic - the gold acrylic was sprayed on - and oh what a mess I made !!!!!The grunge pieces on the top had the same treatment!!! Inside the box I coated with gesso then used white acrylic - Graeme made me the little dividers. I used a piece of my own backing paper on the lid but thats covered with my masks.
A very useful place to keep lots of my Tim stuff together and nice and tidy
The wine was good too !!!! So - if you get a posh wine box for Christmas then you know exactly what to do with it
Fabulous!!!!
ReplyDeleteblessings, maria
Cor blimy mrs. wonderful piece and so useful!
ReplyDeleteWOW this is fab, love the gold effect on the black, looks real shabby
ReplyDeleteMore fab storage xxxx
What a great idea! Think I might have one of those somewhere though nowadays my wine tends to come in a plastic bag in a cardboard box! No doubt you'd do something wonderful with that too though Hilda!
ReplyDeleteI take it you did not make the box straight after finishing the wine! This is fab Hilda, love what you have done to it and how good that Graeme has had a hand in it too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a good idea for storing your Tim stuff in.
Hilda this is amazing
ReplyDeleteHugs Jackie x
what a great altered box! love the technique you used on this - it looks wonderful and what a beautiful place for storage of all the small stuff!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea and youve done such a fab job too.its amazing
ReplyDeletedebbie
ps thanks for your comments on my blog.hope you enjoyed the blog hop xxx
happy new yearxx
This is fabulous!
ReplyDelete