Today I have been covering a journal to use for this challenge
I started by covering my journal with Tim Holtz Tissue wrap I deliberately crumpled it a bit to get some creases into it.
I also added some tissue tape to straighten up the edges
I added colour with Distress Inks - Walnut Stain and Vintage photo
I then added some paper circles that I cut out with a punch I also added some bits of ephemera.
My central piece was created on some cardboard I created a worn paint texture and then added the lettering and Number 52 - the butterflies were die cut and finished off with beads. I adhered the ensembles to my Journal with Glossy Accents
I added some metal letters to the circles and some Rub Ons to finish it off
if you click on the photo you will get a better look at it
I am entering this in the following challenges
Mixed media Place - wings
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Altered
Lessology - Cardboard I have added cardboard to the central piece - all the papers are recycled from old books too
Lessology - Cardboard I have added cardboard to the central piece - all the papers are recycled from old books too
This is a lovely cover for your journal. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I really think. Am going to enjoy this challenge.
ReplyDeleteJackie x
Great page Hilda! xx
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful cover. Really a fabulous challenge, I loved it last year.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great upcycled journal cover!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at LESSology!
Great cover! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place Creative Gym!
ReplyDeleteI like how you have distressed your cover. Enjoy the Journal 52 challenges too and thank you for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.
ReplyDeleteGreat work!! Thanks for playing at Mixed Media Place!!
ReplyDeleteLove it! The cardboard is well used & the combination of colours & elements is totally MWAH!!! Thanks so much for joining us with this gorgeous project at LESSology this month:):)
ReplyDeleteAwesome cover!!! Cardboard never looked so good:) ~ fab!!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely cover and lots of wonderful elements on it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd'd Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck. Rupa, DT.
ReplyDelete