I decided to do this canvas from the reverse side - I used tissue wrap to cover the canvas before colouring with Distress Spray
I added the photo which I had fussy cut and then aged and inked with Vintage photo distress ink
I die cut the flower from patterned paper using the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die. I grunged the flower up a bit and put a brad through the centre. I placed this on top of an inked doyley and added it to my frame
I finished by adding metal charms to the opposite side
I am entering this piece in the following challenges
Mixed Media Mojo - Add a Flower
Wonderful reverse canvas and that flower is so luscious! What a way to recycle your canvas, turn it around and use the backside. So cute that the newspaper above her head says "Amusement" and she has an amused expression on her face! Awesome sauce! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo for our April Upcycle/Recycle Challenge. Hugz. ~Niki
ReplyDeleteWhat a great canvass Hilda, I wouldn't have thought of using the reverse but it works really well
ReplyDeleteJackie x
I love canvases and this one is fantastic! Love it and the reverse approach! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~
ReplyDeleteReally nice canvas, I like how you've used it on the reverse side and balanced up the flower with metal charms on the other side. Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit - Good luck - Steffi :o) xx
ReplyDeleteGreat canvas Hilda- love the colours so much! Thanks for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo.
ReplyDeleteReally love your canvas and the portrait is amazing! Love the placement and wonderful embellies, lovely flower! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo!~kim
ReplyDeletegreat project - thanks for sharing it with us on Mixed Media Mojo - love your embellishments
ReplyDeleteBarb Housner (DT)
Thank you for sharing your fabulous project with us at Mixed Media Mojo, I love it.
ReplyDeletexxx Hazel.
This is lovely! Wonderful project! Thanks for playing along with Mixed Media Mojo this month!
ReplyDelete