I haven't blogged for a year now - its been a terrible year for me my hubby best friend and soul mate of 45 years passed away in April having been ill for some time.
I have struggled really hard missing him every minute of every day - but I am hoping that through my art I can now start to look forwards a little. I know deep down that that's what he would have wanted.
I have started the year with a page for the Art Journal Journey challenge where the theme is "Every picture tells a story"
I used inks and a sponge to create the background and then added lettering through a stencil,
The picture was from an old book. I used more stencils and inks to add the dots and the a container top and black ink for the circles.
The faux stitching was done with a roller stamp and I finished off by flicking ink from a Graphik pen
I hope you like what you see and leave my a little comment and I'll come visit your blog
Again a Very Happy and Healthy New Year to you all
A fabulous idea to start again with Art Journaling!
ReplyDeleteA super page for Art Journal Journey!
Wishing you a good year Hilda!
oxo Susi
Sorry to hear about your husband, but great to see you back again, and hope you will stay with us now. Thanks for making this lovely page for AJJ, much appreciated.I wish you a good new year, and strength to create a new life for yourself, with lots of creativity. Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteGreat to see that you feel like blogging again Hilda, and a lovely page to start off the New Year with xx
ReplyDeleteHilda I hope your art journal helps you to move forward a little but remember it will be baby steps and will take time. Your page is great and a lovely start to your art journal
ReplyDeleteJackie x
Art can be great therapy...glad to see you diving in.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your husband Hilda, it's great to see you blogging again, and what a fab journal page. I hope 2017 is a much kinder year to you xx
ReplyDeleteHello Hilda, what an amusing story you've shown here.
ReplyDeleteHope things start to get better for you this year.
I am so glad you decided to come back to journaling and join us here at AJJ Hilda. I can't image how hard your year has been. I think the soap add is a riot and its a wonderful page you made. Thanks for joining us. Hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteWonderful that you are journaling to help you over the loss of your husband. You will be with friends here for sure and I am looking forward to seeing what you make
ReplyDeleteHugs Chrissie xx
Hello Hilda, It is a wonderful page to start the year.
ReplyDeleteJournaling, I hope will help you get over the past year and the 2017 will be kinder for you.
Yvonne xx
Nice image dear Hilda, so sweet the old soap advertisement. Nice that you are back to play with us.
ReplyDeleteArt will help you and your husband would be proud of you seeing that you make Art again. Go on.
Dearest greetings
Sabine
Oh Hilda I am so sorry to hear your sad news and can't imagine how difficult last year was for you - here's to 2017 being better and enabling you to move forward. It's lovely that you have come back to your art and blogging, you know you are amongst friends that understand. Love your page that has got you started, keep up the great work.
ReplyDeletehugs Brenda xxx
Wonderful page
ReplyDelete