Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Friday, 18 September 2009

Lotstodo Challenge - Tags



I created this double canvas for the Lotstodo Challenge where this week the theme is TAGS. I painted both canvasses with black gesso then whilst wet sprinkled on some rock salt. When they were dry i put on some gold rubb n buff here and there. It makes the rock salt look a little like gold nuggets :):) I then made my tags using masks, inks and stamps. I finished off the whole thing with the lettering which I'd cut from a sheet of Tim's background papers, mounted on to cardboard and inked. The canvasses are joined together with bookmakers cotton binding attached with my super new stapling machine.

The canvasses are for a friend who is busy creating her first very own craft room - hope she likes them

15 comments:

  1. A very very lucky friend Hazel
    Ive canvases up in my crsft room really must do summat with them I will try enter this week as I enjoy doing vintage tags so will give it a bash
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Andrea will love them Hilda - fab idea to join them together xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cor she is going to love this leaving the rock salt on is an inspired idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I too love the way you have put them together!
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fab Hilda Andrea will love them

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are brilliant Hilda, I'm sure the recipient will love them
    hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Hilda this is a stunning canvas.
    Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your lovely comments on Soartful.

    The tag canvas is marvelous. Your friend is going to love it. Wish her happy crafting for me.

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like it,I LOVE IT,thank you so much Hilda,they will have pride of place on my wall,they are absolutely stunning
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW

    Love the effect you have created
    GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous Hilda, fab work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi hun these are just brilliant you are very gifted hun just gorgoues work love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tags Hilda and i will try and join in too if i get chance. Hope you are well my friend
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! Love the background and tags Hilda! xx

    ReplyDelete