Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Sunday, 1 November 2009

Book Cover - Sand




I mixed sand with pva until it had the cosistency of cement - I then, using a palette knife, put it on to my book. I love the way it feels and looks - I'll be adding a titled name plate just as soon as I decide what to call my book.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it looks dead weird when you do a close up of it, you can actually see all the grains of sand, it just looks like it's all going to fall off!!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it next - xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilda how unearth did you come to the conlusion - 'I know what I'll do I'll buy a shed load of sand and cover my book with it'!!? Like Sam I'm intrigued by what you are going to do to it next! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea and texture
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Sam's comment it looks are crumbly, is it heavy? waiting to see how the name plate works how will you attach it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its not at all crumbly - it's solid like cement and yes Zoe it's heavy and Joy - I saw one done in a altered art book I've got

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea, can't wait to try it. I bet it feels wonderful. :)Bea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there's a clever idea. Cheaper than "terra" that's for sure !!!
    Burnice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful - I love how you experiment - can't wait to see its progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have to admit that it looks like it would break up in your hands but you say it is solid like cement, so that's great Hilda. Yes, just HOW will you attach a title? Can't wait! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Hilda it looks great

    ReplyDelete