Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Altered shell























Last year whilst on holiday in Brugge I was served my starter on this beautiful shell in a restaurant that we love to visit. I brought the shell home with me and yesterday set about altering it. I added colour with alcohol inks. Added my image (Crafty Individuals) to a doiley that I had inked with distress inks. I then added shells that I had collected on the beaches of Spain and my home town of South Shields I adhered them with silicone. A bit of string finished off my collage. I then added 2 ringpulls to the top and threaded them with some suade ribbon that I added beads to act as stoppers.

I really like how it turned out - hope you do too





Thanks for visiting my blog your comments are much appreciated - it would be great if you joined my followers x Hilda

5 comments:

  1. Hilda this is gorgeous, you are so talented

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love it! Wish I had ideas like that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What imagination Hilda! I love the colours and the composition. Only you could have thought of altering a shell!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, love your creativity. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work Hilda xx Alison

    ReplyDelete