Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Thursday, 17 February 2011

Beeswax Collage



























I just love the smell of beeswax in my craft room !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was inspired to do this canvas by Hels article in the Craft Stamper. I did all my stamping on to tissue using a variety of stamps and stzon - I then coated my canvas firstly with some colour using color wash sprays - I then coated it with beeswax that I had heated in my melt pot. I added my tissue and used my heat gun to re- melt the wax so that it came through the tissue. I then added all my bits and pieces again only using bees wax ( I used NO glue on this piece). I finished it off by using distress inks here and there and then buffing it all up.The pen nibs that you can see on the left hand side were a prezzie from my friend Shairon all the way from France !!!

Thanks for visiting my blog your comments are much appreciated - it would be great if you joined my followers x Hilda

9 comments:

  1. An amazing piece of art work Hilda, beautifully constructed xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very very beautiful ! (I don't have so many words in English to express !)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just stunning! I love how creative it is!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is an amazing collage Hilda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cool Hilda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great background with all that stamping and i love the combination with the ironmongery and the wax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! Love all of your elements. I have yet to do anything with bees wax. I have some yellow bees wax, wondered if I should try it? I always seem to see the clear stuff in projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous canvas Hilda! Good to see you've found the perfect place for the nibs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning canvas Hilda every time I look at it I see somthing differant xx Alison

    ReplyDelete