Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Altered Frame
























Love the way this frame has turned out - it was a charity shop find. I Painted it first with gesso - sanded it and then painted it with gold acrylic - when this dried I put on a coat of black gesso and then sanded and rubbed bits of black off. The tapestry inside the frame was a little find whilst on holiday in Belgium

Thanks for visiting my blog your comments are much appreciated - it would be great if you joined my followers x Hilda

5 comments:

  1. Love this Hilda! It looks like it is an original piece from years ago! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow this is simply gorgoues just adore it hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hilda! I just found you on our NEW 'She Art' site. Plus I always love reading other's blogs.

    I've been holding back attacking a canvas or two... so excited!

    I love the way your frame turned out... lovely!! Now, with cup of tea in hand, I'm going back to read some of your past posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your frame turned out Hilda It looks like the real thing beautiful xx Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments on my blog Hilda! I have a terrible confession to make.....I was born in MOSSLEY! Hope that isn't too much for you! I used to teach in Ashton-under- Lyne too, so I know the area quite well. Have relatives in Rochdale and Littleborough. Well, that's enough 'life history' for now! Really looking forward to the class 'She art', although I don't know if I've got enough art supplies. I love the frame and the way you've altered it. The little tapestry is lovely too! Only 2 1/2 hrs to go now! x

    ReplyDelete