Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Thursday, 15 January 2015

Use a Portrait


I started with a piece pf hardboard - covered it with paper from Tim's "Traveller" paper stack

I added a little colour too it - not a lot because I liked the colour. I used Texture Fade and Distress ink to add the dots - I then cut and tore pieces of old paper some doyley and some burlap and added the to the centre - I inked with vintage photo to have them all the same shade - I then added the photos again from one of Tim's paper stacks which I had mounted on burlap

I followed Brenda's brilliant tutorial on my leaves and key - it wasn't as successful as Brenda's but I love the techniques and will try again.

I added a flower made of fabric and string and put the leaves underneath. I then added the key

I finished off by putting holes in the top and threading hemp through

This is my entry for the Vintage Journey Challenge - use a Portrait -Almost all of the products I used were Tim Holtz

I am also entering in the following challenges

The Mirror Cracked - Stencils

Moo Mania - Anything goes


Thanks for looking it would be great if you left a comment


13 comments:

  1. Great project, looks really, really good! Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love all the bits and bobs you have used! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project - looks awesome Hilda!
    Thank you for this contribution to
    MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, love the idea.

    Thank you for joining uas at MOO-MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Hilda, I love all the embellishments you have added too and all the texture
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see that you are putting those tutorials to good use. Your project is lovely and so well done. Thanks for joining us here at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shape of your design and all those textures look fab. Thanks for joining in the challenge at AVJ and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your rusted leaves and key. Beautiful vintage creation with image, love it !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining us at The mirror cracked challenge.

      Delete
  9. An inventive creation! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely wall hanging in the beautiful earthtones! such great texture on this with the burlap and your beautiful blooms and leaves - great job using Brenda's techniques! Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous hanging, you have created a beautiful piece of art and tried my techniques too, thanks for showing us that and thanks also for joining us at A Vintage Journey. hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous wall hanging. Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete