I used a slate from a discarded bird house as my base
I added Purple Acrylic to one side and dried - I then added some crackle medium and some Lilac acrylic and let the medium do its work - it crackled really well
I put texture paste through a stencil and let that dry
I stamped my main image on to cardstock using Archival ink, I put some packaging waste in an Embossing folder (bubbles) and put it through my vagabond - I stamped the sea horse with Archival and added the word Dream and some faux stitching with Sharpie. I added the acetate to the card with eyelets
I finished the piece with Word and Silhouette Rub Ons
I wanted to leave some of the slate showing because it has a texture all of its own
This is my entry for the following Challenges
Inspiration Emporium - Everything Goes
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
This is lovely Hilda, a great altered slate tile
ReplyDeleteJackie x
This turned out so nicely. Loved reading through your techniques (I have a bunch of old slates that came from a very old farmhouse, so you've given me some ideas!) . Great looking piece of art for you to hang & enjoy. Hmmm...brusho-s might look good with some w/c paper decoupaged on a slate too! TFS & Hugs
ReplyDeleteWow Hilda! How imaginative to use slate as your base! I would never have thought of it. xx
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous and very creative - will begin looking for slates now lol. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spriit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.
ReplyDeleteHandcrafted by Ellapu
Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
DT The Mirror Crack'd
DT Anything but a Card