A Vintage Journey Challenge is all about Tim Holtz - his amazing techniques and wonderful products it's sponsored by Country View Crafts who generously give a £20 voucher which is randomly drawn. The Crew pick 3 pinworthy mentions each month and make stunning pieces of art to give inspiration
I have really enjoyed creating this canvas although I wasn't sure where I was going at first
I started by using the technique that Tim used on the February 2015 tag - I love this paper patchwork technique and used lots of pieces from my bits box.
I put some texture paste through a stencil and before it was dry added some Distress Embossing powder
I added some builders mesh to the corners and then set about gathering pieces for my focal image. I used Burlap, some of Tim's gorgeous Ideology fabric some bits from my stash, a Found Relative and Cabinet Card which I added some Chit Chat words too.
The "Glass" was created by using some acetate packaging which I embossed using an Embossing folder and my Vagabond. I added it to the Cabinet Card with Brads bowing it a little - I made a bow with Crinkle Ribbon and Peacock Feathers Distress Spray
The butterflies were made following Tim's Shattered Stains technique - Page 48 Compendium of Curiosities Vol 2
The fabric flower was inked with Distress Pens and added with Glossy Accents
I hope you can see the "glass" better in the pic
If you read through all that - thank you - it would be great if you left a comment and then I can visit you
A Vintage Journey - April Challenge
Hi Hilda!! Such a lovely canvas with your clever addition of embossed 'glass' over those found relatives! :) I'm so glad that you joined us for our Through the Looking Glass challenge at A Vintage Journey! Your colors and layers and textures on this canvas are scrumptious!! XOXO-Shari
ReplyDeletePretty colors on your background - love how you embossed the acetate over your cabinet frame - thanks for joining us in the the A Vintage Journey Challenge!
ReplyDeleteYou have created such a lovely colourful canvas using Tim's technique, which is the perfect background for the embossed glass Cabinet Card. So many great layers and textures. Thank your or joining us at A Vintage Journey for our Through the Looking Glass Challenge this month. Jennie x
ReplyDeleteThat is so lovely, what a brilliant idea to emboss the acetate, it looks amazing!
ReplyDelete