I just love the fabrics from Tim Holtz Eclectic range and have quite a stash of them now
For this project I decided to back are hardbacked note book
I quilted the fabric first using Heirloom batting
I then decided on the placement of my adornments
My centre piece was stamped on to card stock with Adirondack - I added some film strip down the side and zigzag stitched around it - I love the way Tim does this on some of his tags
I then added some old lace that I had coloured with Distress Stains I added some old buttons to this piece again it was stitched to my background fabric
I added a strip across the top with Zig zag and then stitched my Word Band to the bottom
I hemmed the whole piece around the book enabling me to re use it when the books full
I finished off by making a bow with Crinkle Ribbon - colouring it with Distress Stains I added a Swivel Clip too it and a little charm the bow was stitched to my completed book
This is my entry for the Vintage Journey Challenge where the theme is All Stitched up using Tim products and or techniques - there are some fantastic inspirational pieces over there if you'd like to take a look and maybe get your mojo going
Gorgeous project! What a fantastic way to showcase that beautiful fabric!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great book cover you made here! The buttons, ribbon and fiber give it such great texture - love the touches of green with the earthtones - Thanks so much for joining us in the AVJ All Sewn Up challenge!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful creation, love the colours and so touchy feely! Wonderful Ruth x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful project - I haven't done any actual sewing in a long time but you have certainly inspired me. Great details. Thanks for joining us here at A Vintage Journey for this leg of our travels.
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty...I love that pop of color from the neutral background.
ReplyDeleteI love this design and the elements you have included, it has resulted in a wonderful cover, well done.
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to 'All Sewn Up' at A Vintage Journey.
hugs Brenda xxx
Such a gorgeous piece... with delicious attention to detail. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
ReplyDeleteAlison x
Love your altered diary. Very pretty. Love how you have shown the steps also. Judy DT
ReplyDelete