Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Altered Frame

I used Daler Rowney Acrylics Sap Green and Burnt Sienna along with Crackle Medium to do the crackle paint technique
 
I then Added Texture Paste through a stencil and when dried inked with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks
 
In the top left hand corner I added some Vintage Photo Distress powder on top of some embossing ink and when cooled rubbed off the crystals-one of my Fav Tim techniques
 
I used another of Tim's  techniques -one that he used on this months tag to add some foil pieces to my frame using Distress Embossing powder and the new to me Sticky Embossing Powder - a brilliant and effective technique you can see it HERE  
 
I used another of Tim's techniques to create my flower having die cut my papers using Tim's Bigz Tattered Floral Die - for colouring I used Distress Stains
 
I then Die cut some leaves using the Tattered Leaves Die and Embossed them with the matching embossing folder I highlighted the leaf veins by using Walnut Stain Distress Ink on top of the Distress Stain
 
I added some Autumnal pieces from my stash
 
The corsage was adhered to the frame with Glossy Accents and finished off with a little Spray and Shine
 
Here are a couple of close up so you can see the detail
 
 
 
 

 
I am entering my frame in the following challenges
 
Vintage Journey - Bountiful Harvest
 
Eclecticellapu - Purple Team - Leaves and Foliage
 
Try it on Tuesday - Autumn Colours

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous frame Hilda, I love the corsage in the corner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Hilda, Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful alteration! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,your frame is really amazing-gorgeous colors-Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frame is perfect for an autumn photo--I'm sure you will be able to capture a beautiful one to go with this magnificent masterpiece! Thank you for you lovely comment on my blog! I really appreciate you visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous altered frame, love the different textures and techniques.
    Thanks for sharing at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Very inspired! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu for our latest challenge!
    Claire xx
    EE DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your frame is so nicely done - the flowers say FALL in a big way. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful orange stars stenciled in the corner - and the cluster of flowers is lovely! Thanks for joining us in the AVJ Harvest challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Frame such lovely textures and autumnal colours

    Thank you for joining in our challenge at A Vintage Journey

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete