Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Sunday, 16 November 2014

Vintage Butterflies





I covered mount board with patterned paper from Tim Holtz paper stack. I distress and inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
 
The butterflies from a Sizzix Alterations set French Flight were stamped with Stazon and then stamped again on to the same backing paper and cut with the matching die.
 
I added lace to the sides of the hanging with glossy accents
 
The leaves were die cut using the Tattered Leaves di - I used the same backing paper for this and then inked coloured them with Distress Spray
 
I made the flower from fabric - Distress Spray and then added pearl and some drops of Glossy Accents
 
I added the flower, leaves and one of the butterflies and then added some Glossy Accents on the butterfly
 
I stamped another flower image on to old book page inked and added it
 
I finished off with stamped quote and some chit chat words
 
A hanger was added to the back
 
This is my entry for the following challenges
 
Country View Crafts - Bugs, Bees and Butterflies
That's Crafty - Anything Vintage
Try it on Tuesday - Homemade/Handmade

 
 
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Lovely but then that won't be any surprise to you as you know how much I love butterflies
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great combination thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous hanging, love the images and the extra texture with the lace.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous project! I love those butterfly stamps. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Beautiful and vintage CC. Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'Home Made / Handmade' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely butterfly page. The edging strips really adds tat something extra to the page

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful project! love the butterflies on the book paper. great idea! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely - the butterflies look great on the book text, and the flower image is just delicious. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete