Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Friday, 14 November 2014

Go Postal


I used a no longer needed old artist palette to create my piece.
 
I started with a coat of Winsor and Newton clear gesso (new medium for me - excellent for adding tooth without colour)
 
I added Distress stains - Rusty Hinge and Mowed Lawn and dried with heat gun
 
I distressed 2 postcards and added them to a piece of hessian and Tim Holtz Eclectic fabric using a tiny attacher - I added this ensemble to my palette with glossy accents.
 
I stamped around the edges using Stazon and pen collage stamp - heat set
 
I then added some bits and bobs - stamps - pen nibs - a letter charm and some scissors.
 
I attached a bulldog clip to the top to use as a hanger
 
This is my entry for the Recycle, Repurpose and Reinvent challenge where the theme this week is "Postal"
 


7 comments:

  1. Dwhat a fabulous piece Hilda, I love the colours and design
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of clear gesso, sounds very useful. Fab idea to make use of an old artist palette.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Hilda, looking forward to working together xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hilda - I love what you did with the old artist palette. Very creative - and I had no idea there was a clear gesso. I will have to put that on my future wish list. I love the colors you used and how you distressed the two postcards. We are delighted you joined us in our Going Postal Challenge and hope you will join us again. I did notice you put DT after your name so that's exciting as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Recycle, Re-Purpose and Re-Invent.

    With hugs and smiles
    Laine
    DT - Recycle - Re-Purpose and Re-Invent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab work Hilda! I love the background colours. I also didn't know there was a clear Gesso, will have to take a look at that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your project Hilda. Thank you for joining us at Recycle, Re-purpose and Re-invent. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful piece Hilda, I just love what you did with the old Artist Palette. I have a couple of these kicking around and never though of doing anything like this with them. Very inventive and fabulous recycle. Also so nice to see you are interested in joining our Team. Will be in touch.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete