Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Christmas Decor


 
I started off with a candle plate that I no longer use. I covered it in home made texture paste and created depth in it with my palette knife.
 
I had lots of  bits and pieces from a broken Christmas decoration - so started to add them sticking them into the paste I then followed the technique on page 60 of the Compendium of Curiosities volume 3 to do my woodland- the bottom picture shows the trees better.
 
I added some battery lights and lots of glitter which actually doesn't show too well in the photos
 
This is my entry for the C of C challenge - this week sponsored by  the Inspiration Emporium and ,of course, hosted by the wonderful Linda Ledbetter and the amazing Curiosity Crew who choose a project each fortnight and the creator wins an amazing lot of goodies provided by Tim and Mario . I f you haven't got a copy of this brilliant book you can get it at your local craft supplier or directly from Tim Holtz HERE 
 
I am entering this piece in the following challenges too
 
Artist Trading Post - Recycle - almost everything is recycled here
 
Mixed Media Place - 3D Texture
 
Mixed Media Mojo - Ornaments
 
The Mirror Cracked - Alter It
 
Virginias View - All things Distressed - I used lots of Distress Sprays and Distress Glitter on my project

12 comments:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for sharing! - Maria, Mixed Media Mojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely and I do like these glowing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your wonderful Christmas decoration with us at the ATP Exchange this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing prettier than tinsel, trees and lights at Christmas! Your handmade home decor piece is pretty! Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice - thanks for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo
    Barb Housner DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat way to recycle broken pieces and a plate! This just screams Christmas! Thanks for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo! ~Niki (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little home decoration Hilda, looks great... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge again x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute piece Hilda! Love all the lights. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cool! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you incorporated your broken pieces to make a new treasure. Lovely bright lights, so festive! Thanks for playing us at Mixed Media Mojo!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing another gorgeous decoration with us.

    Love how you have recycled something broken into something gorgeous.

    Thanks for sharing with us again

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete