Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Monday, 1 December 2014

Altered Diary

I am delighted to be joining the Altered Eclectic team
 
For this challenge I decided to change my rather boring diary ready for the new year
 
 
 
 
 
My Diary ready for lots of inkiness next year
 
 This is how it started - really boring
 
 
 I crumpled up some wet brown paper that I received in a parcel
 
 
 I used lots of pva to stick the brown paper to the diary - lots of lovely creases
 
 
 
I then added Gesso
 
 


 I added lots of Distress Inks in Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge and Peacock Feathers and some texture paste through a stencil into the corners. I added some spray and shine at this stage to set the distress inks
 
 
 
This is the back page
 
 
As you can see I used  stamping, lettering, inking through stencils - I added some tissue tape here and there and generally got very inky
 
My diary is now certainly more pleasing to the eye 
 
This is my very first design piece for the Altered Eclectics Challenge - we don't have a theme just so long as you alter something from one thing to another
 
It would be great to see you taking part maybe you would like to go take a look at the wonderful pieces my new team mates have created - lots of inspiration there - it would be great to see you joining in

8 comments:

  1. Love this Hilda...I've got loads of that brown paper and never thought to use it like this!! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative way to cover your journal. Welcome to the AE Team! Hugs, DT Sis Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hilda,wow what a transformation you've done here,love it

    Lovely to have you as a new teamie too :)

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning alteration...love the technique you have used....maybe I should make a start on my 2015 diary now I have seen yours,lol....will add it to my to do list.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo Sandra lol.... i love all you have done too. I too need to get mine done. Love the birdies and butterflies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how you spiced your diary up! so you will use it with more delight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is such a transformation. Love the picture description.
    Lisa xxx
    Your new Altered Eclectics playmate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous transformation more suited for your diary cover!
    Merry Christmas from you DTeam mate at Altered Eclectics!
    Leigh S-B
    LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    DominoARTblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete