I just love how this worked out - I wasn't sure when I started which way it would go - it ended up very feminine and , I think, just beautiful. I know the perfect person to gift it to and I'm sure she will be delighted
I started with a piece of recycled cardboard - I tore away some of the top paper and then covered it all in gesso
I then added some texture by putting texture paste through a stencil and leaving it to dry
Whilst it was drying I die cut the silhouette in white and black and glued together to create a shadow and added some Picket Fence Distress Paint. I also die cut the trailing vines and added the same Picket fence Distress Paint to them
I added the silhouette and vines to the nagging with glossy accents
I then drew some flowers on to parchment using a silver ink pen I then embossed them from the back - I added some to the bottom of the vines and the smaller ones to the top right corner
To finish off I added some silver rub ons and a quote that I stamped on to card stock, cut and distressed
I have added these pics so that you may be able to see more detail
Hope you like it as much as I do
I am entering this piece in the following challenges
Try it on Tuesday - Winter Whites
That's Crafty - Anything Goes
Wonderful project. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT.
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful white piece of artwork. Thank for saying how you made it and for joining us at Try it on Tuesday this challenge
ReplyDeleteLove Chrissie x
Lovely project, thanks for joining us at TIOT! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteWorking with white sure isn't easy! You did a lovely job with this piece and it is awesome! TFS!
ReplyDelete