This box originally held cuff links and tie pin!!!! It now holds my postage stamps!!! I covered the whole box in Gesso and then once it was dried I covered the top in a thick coat of 3D paste I run a comb through it to create ridges - next came a coat of green acrylic and then I run a bronze dabber over some areas. To decorate I used some memory glass, an image and sealed with memory tape. I then coated a bamboo dominoe with dabbers - stamped it then varnished it. I finshed the domino by adding some wire I had wound round my pen to curl. I lined the inside with matching paper.
Visitors
Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you
If you wish to contact me please just email me at
h.moffett@sky.com
Followers
Friday, 27 February 2009
Lotstodo Challenge - Alter It
This box originally held cuff links and tie pin!!!! It now holds my postage stamps!!! I covered the whole box in Gesso and then once it was dried I covered the top in a thick coat of 3D paste I run a comb through it to create ridges - next came a coat of green acrylic and then I run a bronze dabber over some areas. To decorate I used some memory glass, an image and sealed with memory tape. I then coated a bamboo dominoe with dabbers - stamped it then varnished it. I finshed the domino by adding some wire I had wound round my pen to curl. I lined the inside with matching paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great use of an old box. Love all the texture on it and the added domino. x
ReplyDeleteWow you have been busy and you have used a range of techniques to achieve your look.
ReplyDeleteBet you had fun making this , its great, Jaqi x
a great box
ReplyDeleteFab Box, what a lot of work that went into it! xx
ReplyDeleteGreat color combo. Fun, fun! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI really like how this turned out! Great idea to use a comb through the paste - gotta try that!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! This is just stunning.Great job!!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful. I love it that you took something ordinary and made it beautiful.
ReplyDeletefab technique with the comb. Love the result my friend
ReplyDeleteHugs June xxx
This is a great alterd project, it is lovely
ReplyDeleteGreat piece of art work you've made there. Never an old box will be thrown away :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat Work Hilda, loving the colours and the use of the comb is in inspired.
ReplyDeleteMe again,
ReplyDeleteI've left a little something on my blog for you
This turned out really well hun ... sorry I have been so long between visits X
ReplyDeleteVery inspiring, lovely piece
ReplyDeleteFabulous Hilda
ReplyDelete