This is how it started covered in Gesso
And this is how it finished
A corner view
The Front
The Inside
I started with the box and covered it with Gesso
I added Tissue Tape to the side of the inside and then added inked Kraft Resist paper from Tim Holtz Ideology range to the inside top and bottom
I added some lace and all the bits and bobs to the inside
I painted the sides with Antiqued Bronze Distress Paint, sanded it a bit and then added Rik Rak
I padded the lid with some batting and then added a piece of fabric from Tim's Eclectic Elements
I stitched the photo to backing fabric, added a bow , and did the same with the buttons and then added them to the box
I finished off by adding wording to the top side panels
This is my entry for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge where the theme this month is Ribbons, Twine and Fibre
Mayartsribbons is the generous sponsor this month
A new Challenge site has opened over at Artist Trading Post - I am entering this piece in there too
A new Challenge site has opened over at Artist Trading Post - I am entering this piece in there too
This is great Hilda what a fab box
ReplyDeleteJackie x
That's an amazing box.
ReplyDeleteyour altered box is totally gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteThis is the sweetest box and I adore all your little treasures in it. Artist Trading Post have a new challenge blog set up and it's mixed media, anything goes. Would suit your box.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend, Julie x
What a gorgeous box Hilda :-) amazing details both inside and out and as a lover of all things TH I love it. It's lovely to have you here with us at ATP, especially on our very first challenge. Best wishes Annie x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful box Hilda! What a fantastic transformation, love all the details on the inside too. Thanks for joining us as ATP Exchange on our first challenge. Sue C x
ReplyDeleteThis is just awesome!! I love all the details that you added to this sewing box especially how you used the trims. Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous altered box!! I love all the bits and pieces you added and the ribbons are a great touch!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sewing box of treasures. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at ATP Exchange. Ruth x
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late! Beautiful box with so many wonderful elements. I'm a real altered box fan so love this delightful little project!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you joined us at the Artist Trading Post Exchange.
Julia x
Gorgeous! I love the combination of textures you used here, it's so dimensional! Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Challenge!
ReplyDeletevery cool project! love everything on the inside too! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
ReplyDelete-Rachel
rwkrafts.com