Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Monday, 22 September 2014

mini notebook



I used Kraft card to make my little book I used glycerine and water to soften the Kraft and take on the leather look - I alternated between wetting it and scrunching it until I achieved a look I liked.
 
I then inked it with Walnut Stain Distress  Ink and put it through my Vagabond in an embossing folder
 
I added some more ink here and there
 
I put 2 signatures in by using my machine to sew them
 
I added the cork corners and a fastening to finish it off
 
This is my entry for the Artful Times Challenge

9 comments:

  1. The Kraft and glycerine technique is a great one and you have used it beautifully on your little book, I love the leather look and those cork corners really do look rusty. I love your little book! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilda, this is totally gorgeous, a real little treasure! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely Hilda and it will be very useful too. I live the faux leather technique I must have another go at it soon
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous little book, must try that technique it looks very effective. Thank you for joining us on Artful Times

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little book, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hilda, I bought the glycerine a few months ago and still to try this technique. Your notebook looks fab.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab notebook Hilda! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, love the texture on this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely and a new technique for me to try, so thank you. It is a lovely little book, thanks so much for joining us.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete