I really enjoyed creating this very textured canvas
I started with 2 coats of gesso - don't know why I just always do !!
I then added a generous layer of Ranger texture paste and embedded my found objects I used a spatula to create peaks and troughs and then left it to dry overnight
To make the surfaces more uniform I covered the pieces that I was going to do the Painted Crackle Technique on and covered the rest with another 2 coats of gesso
Continuing to keep my jigsaw piece and large letter pieces covered I started with my distress sprays
I used Vintage Photo on the outer sides and edges
I then added Mustard Seed to the next area
I then added my favourite (at the moment:) Peacock Feathers
I used a cotton bud to make sure the ink went into the crevices and round the objects
I then got on to the Coloured Crackle Technique from Page 53 of Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities Volume 111 - if you still haven't got the book its still available from your local supplier or direct from Tim for a signed copy !!!!
I added some chitchat words to finish off
The Challenge this month again being hosted by Linda Ledbetter is to follow the tutorial on page 53 from the book
One lucky winner will receive a box of goodies from Tim and Mario the winner will be chosen by the design team
The Funkie Junkie are again sponsoring the challenge - the winner will be picked at random and win a 25$ voucher to spend on crafting goodies
Here are a number of close ups of my piece
The Technique pieces
A close up of the Technique Coloured Crackle
I am also entering this is the Eclectic Ellapu where the theme is Texture


This canvas is just AMAZING! Love it!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! Super eclectic and vibrantly bright. You've got some talent for color selection.
ReplyDeleteThank you so very much for leaving your sweet and supportive comment on my blog. The outpouring of support has been amazing.
Brilliant! Love all that texture!
ReplyDeleteHUgs
Dawn xx
What a fab piece I live all the texture
ReplyDeleteJackie x
Great canvas, Hilda, with lovely bright colours. Great "found stuff" too! x
ReplyDeleteLove the colors you used on your canvas! Lots of wonderful texture going on here as well as the crackled elements! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI can totally tell you must have had fun making this! LOVE the crackled letters and puzzle pieces. Thank you so much for playing along with us on the Colored Crackle at CC3Challenge!!!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant array of textures and colour. Love the result.
ReplyDeleteJulie x
Your canvas is very cool! There is so much texture and color and yes, even crackle!!! Great job on the crackle technique on the puzzle pieces and alphabet. I love the zipper and all of the other embellishments you have embedded into your canvas. Thanks for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy
ReplyDeleteLove this canvas with all the awesome bits and colors! Great job on the Tim technique here, too! Perfect, in fact! Thank you for your visit to my blog and you lovely comment!
ReplyDeleteI scrolled down your blog and saw the words "Found Stuff" and smiled. I knew I was going to to love this and I did! I'm inspired and want to go junking today for some found pieces for texture and crackle. Very nice work!!
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous canvas with fabulous details.
ReplyDeleteWow, what an amazing creation! I can't believe how you incorporated so many wonderful bits and the colours are just stunning! Love your mixed media base, so much texture! Well done my friend! hugs :)
ReplyDeleteLove all those goodies you've embedded into your canvas. The colored crackle looks stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at CC3C.
ReplyDelete