Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Monday, 5 April 2010

Wabi Sabi




After reading an article in Cloth,Paper Scissors I was eager to give this concept a go. Wabi Sabi is all about the things around you, in your dreams, in your house, what you see when you go for a walk.

This canvas takes me back to my childhood - I grew up at the seaside - loved it and still misss it a lot and love to go back there as often as I can.

I covered my canvas with texture paste then coloured it with colour wash. I made markings and the word with my palette knife and the end of my paintbrush. I added dried emptied tea bags to creat more texture and finished off with the little bird stamp.

Its the first time I've tried it and am pleased with the result - I can see me doing more of these

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece Hilda, it looks really tactile with all those brush strokes and textures
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fab Hilda with all that texture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh can't wait to see what you do next, this is stunning xxxx

    ReplyDelete