Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Altered Box

 This is what I started with
 
 
And this is how it finished


Corner view
 The top
 
The texture
 
I started with the soap poder box and covered it with gesso a couple of times to hide the pattern
 
I then tore bits of masking tape and added them before colouring with Distress Stains
 
I put some Ranger Texture Paste through a stencil and when dry added Distress Sprays
 
I stamped the quotes on to tissue with Adirondack and added them with Mod Podge
 
I added some Autumn Leaf rub ons here and there
 
 
 
I made the flower with paper and a die using my Vagabond - I sprayed distress stains on to it and when dry added a bit of rub n buff
 
The Leaves were cut from Grunge Board inked and shaped and added with silicone gel
 
I finished off by adding some rub n buff to the corners and attaching the little handle with brads
 
This is my entry for the following challenges
 
Try it on Tuesday - Recycle It
Mixed Media Mojo - Autumn colours/Use Paste
Craft Stamper-Use Tissue Stamping
Sunday Stamper - Paper Roses
Vintage Journey - Colour of Autumn
Artistic Stamper - Autumn Colours
The Mirror Cracked - Anything goes
 

30 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a beauty! I am a big fan of re cycling and this gives me a lot of joy! Loved the colors and the handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous recycled project - love the colors - thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Absolutely fantastic! Love how you have made this! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything altered and this box turned out lovely! The texture is eye popping! Thanks for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo! ~Niki (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a superb box and who would ever think had been soap powder. Love your textures and warm autumn colours. You metal embellishment just adds a luxurious feel to it. Can't wait to see what you make next.....a new follower.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful recycling project! Lots of wonderful texture and color. Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous re-cycled box ..... love the colour and all the texture. Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ... Good Luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful altered box Hilda, great colours and fab texture
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is terrific with lovely textures. Thank you for joining in at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful box Hilda! Sounds like you've had good fun with all the different techniques you have used! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous repurposing of a soap powder box! Love the textures and colour, and that handle finishes it off beautifully. Thanks so much for playing along at Take It Make It.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's a wonderful altered box.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful altered box! Love all the texture! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great box and I bet it smells lovely as well, thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello
    Wow, I very beautiful Box

    See you soon

    ADA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great box! Love the autumnal colours! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge this month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I am loving this Hilda...full of yummy textures and warm colours...who would have thought a soap powder box could look so gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining in over at the Take it Male it challenge :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, just gorgeous! Genius idea, using masking tape to add a texture base! Love your colours and your big shabby flower! What a wonderful transformation this box has made! I would love to know the name of that leaf stencil!!

    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!
    Hugs Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I love your treasure box! Amazing transformation, great upcycling! Wonderful texture and color you have made and used. Thanks so much for sharing your project and process.
    So happy you played with us at Mixed Media Mojo!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic transformation of a box. O love all the texture you have added and the great fall colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at The Mirror Crack'd.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, so much work gone into changing this! It looks fab, love the colours of autumn and the tissue stamping. Thanks for joining us at Craft Stamper this month, good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cool... love your upcycled box, tis fab... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very interesting project !
    I like it
    Thanks for joining us at The Mirror Crack'd
    Vania

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great use of an old box - and so beautifully done. Thank you for sharing at Try it on Tuesday. Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  25. wonderful autumal scene, thank you for sharing at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful altered box!! Thanks so much for playing along with Mixed Media Mojo this month!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous transformation. Love your detailed description and your finished piece is just beautiful. I bet it smells rather gorgeous too bearing in mind how it started out!

    Thank you so much for supporting our first ever challenge, we really hope to see you back again.

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful alteration! It looks fantastic now! Love it and thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A fabulous make-over - gorgeous autumn colours. Thanks for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey for our Colours of Autumn challenge. Jennie

    ReplyDelete