This started life as a plain white cardboard box. I should have taken a photo of it but forgot!!!
I used Acrylic Paint in Brown, Black and Bronze to create the background
I tore a strip of Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements fabric, stitched along the centre and then gathered the thread to create a ruche I then added it to my box using dots of Glossy Accents here and there
I added some lace, an image and some elements out of my stash - these were all attached with glossy accents
Lock, key and cogs were given a rusted look with Distress Embossing Powder and Distress Ink
I added the 3 red roses from my stash to finish it off
This is my entry for the following Challenges
Try it on Tuesday - Colours of Autumn
Take a Word - Vintage
Artist Trading Post - Rust
Beautiful alteration! Thanks for joining us at TIOT this time! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteWhat fabulous altered box! Love the background and all great elements with rusty look.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
Mar x
Your box is lovely Hilda a great alteration
ReplyDeleteJackie x
Wow! amazing make-over!Artist Trading Post exchange. toni x
ReplyDeleteSuper creation - I just love what you have done with the Eclectic Elements fabric. Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Nikki x
ReplyDeleteLove the way you've altered your box and I had to laugh when you said you'd forgotten to take the picture - that sounds just like me! Wonderful to see the gathered fabric in the mix with your paints, die cuts and embossing techniques.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining us at ATP Exchange this time.
Julia xx
Fabulous alteration....gorgeous rustiness....thank you for sharing with us at ATP Exchange
ReplyDeleteHugs Annie x
Another great box! I love all the different types of elements you have used xx
ReplyDelete