I really enjoyed doing this Art Journal Cover
I started by adding thick gesso and using an old credit card I made lots of texture in it.
I then added some Distress Spray Inks - Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn and Mustard seed and let it run - I added some drops with watered down Gesso
While it was all drying I sorted out some pieces from my box that I thought I might use
I covered them with Black gesso and the Burlap and Flower with Vintage Photo Distress Spray
I arranged them lots of times until I was happy with the placement before attaching them with Glossy Accents
I added some Gilding Wax Here and there and finished by adding my inked Alpha letters
Another view of the corner where I had moved the handle to
And showing the texture
This is my entry for the following challenges
Country View Crafts - Drips and Drops
The Mirror Cracked - Journal Cover
Your journal cover is fantastic Hilda, I really must make a cover for mine
ReplyDeleteJackie x
Hi,
ReplyDeleteYou left a message at The Mirror Crack'd saying there was something wrong with the link up. It think it was because you spelled our name incorrectly. There is an apostrophe instead of an e at the end. Anyhow I have published it for you. Thank you for alerting me to the problem though.
This is a fabulous cover. I love the background cover, very juicy! So much gorgeous detail as well, and a wealth of useful pictures showing us how you got there.
Thanks for sharing this gorgeous project with us
Lin
The Mirror Crack'd
Thanks Lin - fabulous DT pieces I shall visit them all this evening
DeleteFab cover Hilda, I love the background colours and all the bits and pieces you have added to it xx
ReplyDeleteHello Hilda,
ReplyDeleteThe initial response to your Journal cover for me was bright and sunny with your warm colour palette, then I am directed to your hard elements which are Black and relates so much Drama....it is a striking contrast and so unexpected.
Symbolically perfect for a journal, just perfect.
Thank you for joining us this month at CVC and TMC.
Smiles:)
Sue
Hi Hilda, love the gorgeous texture and the embellishments are a perfect addition.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for entering the challenge at The Mirror Crack'd. Happy crafting, Angela R. x
Superb texture and colors on your journal cover, fabulous piece of art!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Mirror Cracked challenge this month.