Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Mixed Media Mojo

 Red is one of my favourite colours but I don't seem to use it much in my artwork so have enjoyed the opportunity of meeting the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge " Red and Wings" this month
 
I started by adding some Barn Door Distress Stains to my journal page and whilst still a bit wet I added Rock salt

 
This is how it turned out once I dried it with my heat gun

 
I don't know how the colours look different because they aren't !!!
 
I used stencils, stamps, gesso and collage pieces to create my page and am pleased with the result
 
Maybe you would like to pop along to Mixed Media Mojo and see some of the amazing work there

9 comments:

  1. Fab page Hilda, lovely bright red! I like the look of the rock salt technique too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley - its an old but good technique

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful techmique on the background with the salt and red barn door DS! Your butterflies just add the perfect touch to this lovely creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo! We love to see what you create every month. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. salt adds such an interesting texture to ink backgrounds. You made a beautiful page.

    thanks for joining us on Mixed Media Mojo. Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your red page! The rock salt technique is so beautiful, love the patterns! Love all the imagery you have and the wonderful texture! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely piece, love the rock salt! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mixed Media Mojo!

    ReplyDelete