Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Sunday, 1 February 2015

Altered Jar

I used an ordinary jam jar for my piece   this month in the Altered Eclectics challenge

I added Alcohol Inks to it over 3 days letting it harden in between coats





I then added some spray and shine to set it and added a ribbon that I had distressed around the top





This is how I did my flowers

Cut 3 inch circles

 Folded and folded again so its like a slice of pizza

Running stitches on curved edge - gather stitches in and then put the next petal on the same thread - do this until you have 5 - pull thread tight and stitch first petal to last one with a couple of stitches

Glue button to centre hole

Wrap florist tape around wire and add to the back using strong glue

Glue a circle of felt to keep things together and tidy it up

Hope you find the time to go take a look at the challenge and the wonderful altered art created by the team Altered Eclectics

4 comments:

  1. Pretty jar and very beautiful flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great altered jar. Thank you for joining into all the detail of how you created your project. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty is this and i am sorry to see you go but wish all the very best in all that you do hun xx

    ReplyDelete