Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Thursday, 26 February 2015

Special Numbers

Over at A Vintage Journey you are challenged this time to use the theme "Special Numbers"

Using Tim Holtz products or Techniques you can make anything you wish so long as you use the theme. I'm not sure why the number 2 is significant to me but it always seems to pop up

The challenge is sponsored by Country View Crafts who so generously support the challenge each time

This is the piece I created

 
 
I painted a Tando Frame with Broken China Distress Paint and when dry added some Distress Crackle Paint - when dry in inked with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink
 
Using Tim's techniques I started preparing my pieces to go on to the frame I did the number 2 by using the Multi Medium Collage technique from Tim's first Compendium of Curiosities
 
I used the Rusted Grunge Technique from the same book for the Grunge Board Key and Lock
 
I used one of Tim's layering stencils and Texture Paste on the corner of the frame again when dry inking with Rusty Hinge DI and added a Word Band and Ideology  key which I had inked over with Distress Stain
 
I added Kraft Resist to the backing board and inked with Rusty Hinge - I love the way the numbers resist the ink
 
I then did some stamping on to card stock  using Tim's Curious Possibility stamp set and Archival Ink- fussy cut distressed and inked.
 
Added them to the backboard along with some pieces from the Ephemera pack
 
I attached the frame to the board with Glossy Accents and finished off by adding some Remnant Rubs
 
A couple of close ups of  the piece


 
I really enjoyed doing this piece and I certainly used lots of Tim's products and techniques

4 comments:

  1. Great piece Hilda, and you definitely did use a lot of Tim's products and techniques! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put together Hilda and you have used some wonderful Tim techniques. Thanks for linking this to A Vintage Journey.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super make Hilda, love how you put this together! You used some great Tim Techniques, love how you used the three gentlemen! Thanks so much for adding it to our numbers challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely piece Hilda. I adore all those aged elements. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete