Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Thursday, 5 August 2010

Altered Cigar Box

If you remember a while ago whilst visiting belgium I acquired quite a lot of cigar boxes. Well today one of my friends came to play and we each altered a box. This is what I did with mine - I used metal, embossing folders, ten second studio tools, black gesso and silver dabbers.









This is a close up of the corner to show the embossing












This is the plate on the middle of the front of the box














The corner showing where I added the silver dabbers












Another View













The completed box













We had such a lot of fun - got very messy but had a brilliant afternoon. I'm putting this piece in the Artistic Stamper Challenge which this month has the theme Something Old - Something New - well I've made something new out of something old so hope it counts

13 comments:

  1. beautifully altered!!!
    Now, what are you going to keep in this special box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its gorgeous, love it. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilda this is fantastic

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As they say in Scotland "pure, dead brilliant!" Love what you have done with your box, Hilda.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special box you have created to keep your treasures in. Fabulous xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Hilda, your box is just amazing, i love every square inch of it, Thank you for joining in with the ASCTC and good luck
    hugs Minxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous altered Box Hilda, thanks for joining in with the AS challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful altered box Hilda! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful piece and thank you for joining in :))

    ReplyDelete