Craft Stamper this month have challenged you to make something inspired by a technique in the magazine. I was really spoilt for choice but bought this little box on a car boot for 20 pence !!!! and it just cried out to follow Helen Chilton's technique on page 26 of September's magazine
The challenge is being sponsored by Sarah Hurley who has so kindly supplied 3 stamp sets as this months prize
The Finished Box
Showing the corner
A closer look at the texture
The top of the box
I started off like Helen giving the box a coat of Gesso
When dry I painted it with Liquitex Cadium Orange and Golden Cobalt Teal
I stamped various stamps on to Tissue Wrap with Stazon and then highlighted some areas from the back with Sakura Pen
I used Mod Podge to attach the stamped tissue to the box following Helens advice to use a wide flat brush
I used Ranger Texture Paste through sequin waste to create some texture and when dried covered the paste with Stewart Gill Meta Mica which I also rubbed on the edges of the box with my finger
I used Tim Holtz splatter mask and black Gesso to create some blots
I finished off by adding a little handle that I had in my stash with tiny nails
I really enjoyed the process - Thanks Helen for the inspiration
I'm also entering this for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge where the challenge this month is to use stencils/texture paste this challenge is kindly sponsored by Eclecticpaperie
Ooooh Hilda that's lovely what a fabulous lot of texture you have got on it
ReplyDeleteJackie x
This is wonderful Hilda, love how you've recycled your tin....I have some tins somewhere, must give this a try. Carol x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous box, love the colours and stamps you have used
ReplyDeleteFabulous Hilda and what a great idea. Great colour and textures too. Nikki xx
ReplyDeleteAmazing work! I love the colours and textures here! A real work of art! Gorgeous! Xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous creation,love the texture and fab colours.xxx
ReplyDeleteThat is gorgeous Hilda! Must get to some boot sales if you can find bargains like that. Fabulous stamping and wonderful use of colour. Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog huni I really appreciate it Karen x
ReplyDeletethis is brilliant - can't believe it only cost you 20 pence - must go to more car boot sales! Amazing colours and you really nailed the technique - love it xx
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous Hilda , what a bargin box too ! Thanks for your kind remarks on my tag. I have looked at your blog & joined :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing!!! With Lots of texture and stamping!!! Appropriate technique used. Thanks for appreciating my work :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful box Hilda! Love all the textured bits! xx
ReplyDeleteIt's great! I keep buying bits and pieces to alter, I really should do so something with them ;) Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog X
ReplyDeleteHi I to saw the article in Craft stamper and have not yet tried it out but am planning to an amazing beautiful box. Thank you for the comment you left on my tag over at The Artistic Stamper Blog. Dee x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Love the colors!
ReplyDeleteYour box is superb. Good luck in the challenge:-)
ReplyDeletewhat a cool project! i love your box, it's really pretty. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
ReplyDelete-Rachel
rwkrafts.com
This is such a great project!! I love how you altered this 20p box!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
ReplyDeleteHi Hilda. This is a beautiful take on the Craft Stamper article! So creative and I looove all the texture.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge.
Dot
Love your box what a great find! Thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge and good luck, Elizabeth x
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely little treasure box! You added great texture to it, thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.
ReplyDeleteFabulous make .....something to treasure. Thanks for joining in with the Take It Make It Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx
ReplyDeleteI am in love with this little treasure :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at the Take it Make it challenge xxx
Love it Hilda, you've done a great job with the little box! Fab colour combo and so much detail! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge this month! xxx
ReplyDeleteLove your box this month Hilda. What a lovely find for 20p! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice project! Thanks for joining the August Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
ReplyDeleteCool altered tin! Love all the texture you achieved! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge "Stencils and Pastes"!
ReplyDelete