Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Saturday, 23 August 2014

Artful Times Sewing



Another tag for you to see today girls this one is for the Artful Times Challenge where the theme is sewing. I was delighted to find out that I won  the last challenge !!

I started by inking my tag with Distress Inks. I then stamped my main image on to an old dress pattern with Black Archival ink

I added the pattern to the tag with PVA

I then stamped the main image again on to card stock and fussy cut it smaller than the first image to create a shadow I stamped it with a roller stitch stamp and put some twine around the middle

The bobbin was cut inked and then I added some Distress Crackle and wrapped some string around it

I attached the inked tape measure by machine and then added the typewriter key and Ideology piece with a safety pin

I distressed and inked the edges of the tag and added jute to the eyelet

I added a tiny pair of scissors to the bottom corner bedded on a rolled piece of linen

Hope you like what you see - I must start taking pics of my process as I've seen on so many blogs

5 comments:

  1. I love your tag Hilda, those little scissors are perfect to embellish it
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag, lots of lovely embellishments to look at

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you used an old dress pattern. This is lovely, so much going on and the little scissors are so cute. Thank you for commenting on my tag, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You use ore or less the same products I do Hilda. I am a Distress Ink freak and I always use Archival black. Can't help myself.
    Anyway, this is a lovely tag you have done for us, I do like the crackle effect.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really lovely tag, love the embellishments you have used. thank you for joining us on Artful Times.

    ReplyDelete