Simon Says Monday has this week challenged us to use Kraft card - I love this stuff it reacts brilliantly with different mediums
I used glycerine and water to soften the tag and take on the leather look - I alternated between wetting it and scrunching it until I achieved a look I liked.
I then inked it with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and put it through my Vagabond in an embossing folder.
I then added some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink
I put some Rangers texture paste on to the bottom through sequin waste and set it aside to dry
I stamped my images from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found set on to cardstock with Archival ink and then heat set them and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I stamped the birds directly on to the tag with Archival and again Heat set
I added the stamped pieces and then some film strip which I attached with my Tiny Attacher
I added a strip of lace that I had coloured with Distress Stains to the side and then embellished it with buttons
I attached a crinkle ribbon bow and then finished off by adding gilding wax to the texture paste
This is a fab tag Hilda
ReplyDeleteHugs Jackie x
Such a great tag. Good design and colors. I am your newest followers.
ReplyDeleteGreat tag, love the scrunched up BG, must try that! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteA fantastic tag with great details.
ReplyDeleteThat pop of yellow green was sure a nice touch and you've used my all time favorite TH stamp (now out in a found relative version). Never tried the glycerin technique--thanks for the tip!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tag! I love your "scrunched up" technique, gonna have to try that soon!
ReplyDeleteHilda, you made gorgeous tag, I love it!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for nice words you left on my blog!!
Greetings from Slovenia
Love the texture you created with the glycerine. I have never tried that and a cool effect! Love your beautiful tag with the pops of yellow! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
ReplyDeleteyou are going to inspire me to start doing tags again...yours are beautiful! I'm lovin' the detail you gave to this one :)
ReplyDeleteA fabulous tag, I love the colours and textures and great design.
ReplyDeletehugs Brenda xx
beautiful wow! I love the colors you used and the layout of your Tag
ReplyDeletewell done
ADA