Hiya girls - today I am sharing a plaque I've been doing
My son cut me some pieces of MDF to use in my art and this is one of those pieces.
I started off by covering with Gesso - I always seem to do that it gives it some tooth
I then added Golden Acrylic Paint Lemon Yellow, Burnt Orange and a tiny bit of Burnt Ochre - I spread the paint about with an old credit card and left to dry
I then added some tissue wrap with Matt Mod Podge - love the way the paint shows through
I put some Rusty Hinge Distress Ink here and there - in particular - around the edges
I put some modelling paste through a stencil and let that dry then coloured it and added circles around it with charcoal
I did all my stamping (Tim Holtz set) with black Adirondack on to card stock, cut and inked
Ticket
Men
Words
double embossed a Grunge Board hinge after I had inked it and then used a threaded button and brads through the holes before attaching to my piece with Glossy Accents
The "World" was cut out of script cardstock on my Vagabond and inked
I added all my pieces with 3D foam or Glossy accents before adding some speckles using Tim Holtz Speckles mask and a Black Soot Distress Pen
I plan to do a few of these boards for around my craft room
I am entering this piece in the following challenges
Mixed Media Monthly - Use Stencils and Paste
That's Crafty - Its a Mans World
Sunday Stamper- 3 D
Had a lovely Bank Holiday getting messy - hope you've had a good day too
How cool!! Great idea to use MDF as base for your art!!
ReplyDeleteHilda this is awesome I love it you are one talented lady
ReplyDeleteJackiemx
Great piece, lovely
ReplyDeleteFab work Hilda! Love the new blog look too! xx
ReplyDeleteHello Hilda, really love your vintage creation. The background is fab and really sets off those stamped images.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in at That's Crafty and wishing you good luck in the draw.
Fliss x
PS: Thanks for your kind comment too.
Gorgeous artwork! Beautiful background and details! Hugs,
ReplyDeleteIngrid xx
What a great project! I like how you added texture with the modeling paste. Thanks for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
ReplyDeleteLove your MDF panel Hilda, all those details and little things for me to look at... awesome... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x
ReplyDeletevery cool canvas board! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
ReplyDelete-Rachel
rwkrafts.com
How fun! Love that old-timey stempunk guy :) Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
ReplyDeleteSome handsome men and a handsome page it is!
ReplyDelete