Visitors


Thank you for visiting my blog it would be great if you have time to leave a comment so that I know you have been and then I'll come visit you



If you wish to contact me please just email me at

h.moffett@sky.com


Followers

Saturday, 16 August 2014

Time Flies


 
I have had fun doing this boxed canvas for the Vintage Journey Challenge where the theme is "Time Flies
 
I started by covering my canvas with Gesso I then added layers with Distress Stains/Distress Inks and Tim Holtz Masks following Tim's technique in the Compendium of Curiosities 111  
 
The clock face is from the Ephemera pack the pointers and Sprocket gear were heat embossed with Distress EP
 
The "Time" definition on the top was cut from Tissue wrap and the butterflies are Tissue tape
 
I did some random stamping using the Curious Possibilities and Life's Possibilities stamp sets and Archival Ink
 
I added the lettering after inking with Distress Markers
 
The other bits I added were from my stash
 
The feet are the small bobbins painted with Distress Stain
 
I finished off by using some Black Gesso and water and flicking it with my brush another of Tim's Fab techniques

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely decorative canvas and I love your use of the bobbins to make the little feet, just finishes it off.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely canvas the detail is great and the finishing touches are perfect
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your canvas is beautiful, I love your use of the clock face and the definition on top. Adding the little bobbins for feet was a lovely touch too. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas! Love the clock that you featured! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design, I love the colours, what agreat project, thanks for visiting me too! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty - what great use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab canvas! Delighted you joined in with our 'Time flies' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Chris xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! I love the Scrabble Tiles, and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete