I used a new to me technique from the fab book I've just bought by the very talented CLaudine Hellmuth - The books called Collage Discovery Workshop and I used the Peeling Paint technique.
I first covered my board with a coat of gesso - 'cos the board was dark brown.
I then put on my torn page and image and painted the whole lot with a coat of watered yellow acrylic when the paint was almost dry I rubbed some off my image.
Next I put on vaseline over the paper and the image and here and there on the background.
Next came a coat of green acrylic - let that dry and then cleaned all the vaseline, which had worked as a resist, off.
I burnt around my velum words to age them and attached with brads. Finished off by using my cropodile to put eyelets in to hold my hanger.
If you click on the picture you can see that the sign says "Today you can be anything you Imagine"
Hope you enjoyed looking through my blog - thank you for leaving a comment
what a fab technique and a great end result
ReplyDeletelove the quote too
What a great piece of artwork - and a very interesting technique. Thanks for explaining...and for joining in with our challenge.
ReplyDeleteLove
Linda x
Lovely piece Hilda
ReplyDeleteWow stunning work and great sign. Love them.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great sign, and so helpful to explain the technique you used. Thanks for taking part in our challenge.
ReplyDeleteLove
Rosie ABAA
wow love this Hilda xxxx
ReplyDeleteIt's stunning, Hilda. Great technique and the efefcts are amazing!! Great quote too. xx
ReplyDeleteOh my word - this is lovely.Off now to find that book - lol ...
ReplyDeleteFab piece Hilda
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful Hilda, Green is not usually a colour I go for but here you have made it look wonderful, Thanks for explaining the techniques you have used , thats so useful, its really lovely , well done , JAQI
ReplyDelete